Hi Once Again Maroa-Forsyth School District Families,
In the last 24 hours we have learned of 3 confirmed positive staff cases at our Middle School. Those staff members had been in quarantine prior. We have been working closely with the Macon County Health Department (MCHD) to determine close contacts to these positive cases. As of now, we have 11 staff members in close contact with the positive cases and they must all now quarantine for 14 days.
- Because we do not have enough available staff to offer In-Person, our Middle School will be put into a Remote Learning for ALL mode for a two week period.
- If a student has been determined to be a close contact to a positive case, families will be notified by the school and/or MCHD.
- At this time, no close contacts/positive cases have been traced to our High School or Grade School staff, so those schools will continue offering the In-Person Learning option.
- The tentative return to school In-Person plan option date for the Middle School (MS) will be Tuesday, October 13th.
- The MS administration and staff will be reaching out to students to make sure everything possible is being done to make Remote Learning a success.
I want to remind everyone at all schools but especially now at the Grade School and High School to stay flexible as conditions can change at any time.
I want to remind everyone that the health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority, and we recognize the uncertainty and concern regarding the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the state and local health departments for best practices and procedures to protect everyone’s health.
Lastly, I want to remind everyone that all should monitor their health and stay at home if they develop symptoms. Sick persons should contact their health care provider to determine if testing is needed. Anyone who develops severe symptoms should seek medical care immediately. Outside the scope of the current staff positive cases at the Middle School, if at any time, your child has had close contact with a known case of COVID-19, keep the child at home and notify your primary healthcare provider, school, and your local health department.
We are committed to providing your child and our staff with a safe and healthy environment. Thank you for your understanding and ongoing cooperation with our COVID prevention policies and procedures as we work to help protect your children, your families, and our staff and their families. Your compassion, patience, flexibility and grace is always appreciated. For any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone on our administrative team.
Take Good Care,