Learn more about what was presented and the most supported ideas from our first Community Engagement Meeting!
Community members and district representatives gathered at the Maroa-Forsyth Middle School on September 26, 2019 to discuss facility planning. Nearly 70 citizens were in attendance.
Building tours were offered 30 minutes before the meeting began.
A presentation was made by the following:
- Introduction - steering committee chairs
- State of the District - Dr. John Ahlemeyer (supt)
- Educational Vision - Kris Kahler (middle school principal)
- Building Assessments - John Whitlock (BLDD Architects)
- Planning Principles & Potential Solutions - Sam Johnson (BLDD Architects)
Following the presentation, attendees worked in small groups to evaluate a wide range of potential solutions (10 total) based on “site suitability” and “educational” criteria measures.
The ideas that garnered the most support were:
- Construction of new MS on existing site
- Addition to HS to create 6-12 facility
- HS becomes MS, build new HS
- Construction of new MS on site near existing
Each of the preferred solutions will be further refined by the architectural team to develop tentative site schematics, first costs, life cycle costs and functional adequacy scores for comparison.
Community Engagement Meeting #2
At Community Engagement Meeting #2, attendees will hear a presentation on finances and funding before reviewing scenarios and once again providing feedback for improvements and preferences.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
6:30-8:00pm @ Maroa-Forsyth Middle School
Community members are encouraged to attend optional building tours from 6-6:30pm.
For questions, please contact Dr. John Ahlemeyer, Superintendent
email@example.com or 217-794-3488, Ext. 5103